Welcome and thank you for looking at the Trident Academy website. We know this is a major step for a family and we’re here to help! For many families, even the word, dyslexia, is new, as is discovering your child’s academic and social needs.
Trident Academy is one of 15 schools accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators. Our dedicated and highly trained teachers can help your child become an independent and confident learner.
Who is a “Trident” student?
Trident Academy students are those with unrealized academic potential who have been identified with dyslexia or related language difficulties (problems with acquisition of reading and/or written language) as their primary learning challenge.
What is the Admissions process?
- Inquire / Explore
- Request information or a call from the admissions office to discuss your child’s needs. Request Further Information
- Schedule a parent tour with the admissions office. (843.884.3494)
- Have a current psychological-evaluation for your child.
- If Trident is the proper school for your child, complete the application. submit an application
- Once an application is submitted, Trident Academy will schedule your child for a 2-day shadow visit.
- Once the tour, interview, application and student shadow steps are completed, our Admissions Committee will review all admissions materials and make a decision. The Admissions Office will inform you promptly of the Committee’s decision.