Mount Pleasant, SC
Friday, October 13, 2017
9:00 – 4:30 (doors open at 8:00)
Wrightslaw programs often fill up early – don’t miss out!
Program Description: One-day special education law and advocacy programs focus on four areas:
● Special education law, rights and responsibilities
● Tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
● SMART IEPs
● Introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education.
The program is not disability specific.
Conference fee includes a light breakfast, boxed lunch, a Wrightslaw highlighter pen and the three Wrightslaw books which retail for $62.85 – Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Edition, Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Edition, and Wrightslaw: All About IEPs.
On or before 9/12/2017, Individuals $100 *Attorneys with CLEs $135
Regular Rate after 9/12/2017, Individuals $125 & Attorneys with CLEs $155
* Early Bird registrants will also receive emailed pdf copies of Wrightslaw Special Education Law, 2nd Ed. and Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2015 which retail for $29.95.
● 6.0 CLE (continuing legal education) credits have been approved.
● 0.6 CEU’s (continuing education units) have been approved for this conference. The units are provided by the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Education. They provide units for practicing teachers and CEU’s for a variety of professionals who need to document their professional development hours. The $24 fee will be collected at the conference.
Contact: Lael Byrd: firstname.lastname@example.org